Take charge of the formulation of rules and regulations for the regulations of efficient, effective and economical implementation of a health services program geared to implementation of health related projects and activities.
The Health Officer shall take charge of the office health services and shall:
- Supervise the personnel and staff of said office, formulate program implementation guidelines and rules and regulations for the operation of the said office for the approval of the City Mayor, as the case may be, in order to assist him in the efficient, effective and economical implementation of a health services program geared to implementation of health-related projects and activities;
- Formulate measures for the consideration of the Sangguniang Panlungsod and provide technical assistance and support to the City Mayor in carrying out activities to ensure the delivery of basic services and provision of adequate facilities relative to health services provided in Rule V of these Rules;
- Develop plans and strategies on health programs and projects and implement them upon approval thereof by the City Mayor as the case may be;
- Formulate and implement policies, plans, programs and projects to promote the health of the people in the LGU concerned;
- Advise the Governor or City Mayor, as the case may be, and the Sangguniang Panlungsod on matters pertaining to health;
- Execute and enforce all laws, ordinances and regulations relating to public health;
- Recommend to the Sangguniang Panlungsod, through the local health board, the passage of such ordinances as he may deem necessary for the preservation of public health;
- Recommend the prosecution of any violation of sanitary laws, ordinances or regulations;
- Direct the sanitary inspectors to inspect all business establishments selling food items or providing accommodations such as hotels, motels, lodging houses, pension houses, and the like, in accordance with the Sanitation Code;
- Conduct health information campaigns and render health intelligence services;
- Coordinate with other government agencies and non-governmental organizations involved in the promotion and delivery of health services;
- Be in the frontline of the delivery of health services, particularly during and in the aftermath of man-made and natural disasters and calamities; and
- Exercise such other powers and perform such other duties and functions as may be prescribed by law or ordinance.